Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 1

The first week I had lunch with my mentor who will be helping me throughout my summer research experience at the department Family and Community Medicine (FCM). FCM is oriented towards advancing the science of health equity and exploring the health and health care disparities in communities across New Mexico.

I will be working on a summer research project and will present a poster at a poster session at the end. I have yet to learn much about the details of the project. Thus far I have been exploring available literature regarding Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) as well as published studies that define and explore underinsurance in specific areas of U.S. I look forward working on this project, receiving guidance from my mentor, and developing new research and data analysis skills.           

No comments:

Post a Comment