Friday, June 7, 2013

Service Goals

This will be my second summer of service; this summer will be drastically different yet the similar in a sense. My first S.O.S was during the summer between my freshman and sophomore year, back then I was a summer camp counselor with the Deltona Tennis Association. There I learned lot and built a sense of compassion for helping others. Thus this brings me to this summer which I will be helping people in others; I will be volunteering for the Cities of DeBary, Deltona, and the County of Volusia. This week I got to experience my tasks with the two cities and set learning goals for myself and goals to accomplish for both. While volunteering with both cities I will complete task such as but are not limited to, researching and analyzing proposed City ordinances; performing various administrative functions to support program activities; drafting informational materials and correspondence in response to inquiries; distributing informational materials; maintaining records and preparing reports; creating spreadsheets and maintaining databases; participating in the setup and operation of special events and program activities; and performing related duties, as required. I know that sounds like a lot but I have already began to settle in by working a human resources project for the city of DeBary and an economic development project with the city of Deltona. Next week I look forward to continue blogging and starting up with the county.

No comments:

Post a Comment