Saturday, June 29, 2013

Community engagement

Relationships in communities Over the past three weeks I have had the opportunity to build strong relationship with the communities which my CLA’s are located. This week on top of my daily duties at mosquito control I participated in the yearly open house in which the department opens its doors to public allowing them to all aspects of (IPM) integrated past management. This includes the use of trapping, monitoring, and using alternatives to pesticides when possible. Over all the event was a great success with all the attendees learning about how Volusia County Mosquito operates. My other two CLA’s have also given me the opportunity to build relationships by interacting with business and residents. In all instances of relationships I have learned listening is key to understanding the needs of the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment