Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lauren - Week 5

This week was a bit better than the previous. I have started to realize that the volunteers here are more greatly appreciated than I previously thought. Some of the CNA's (Certified nurses assistant) have started a school supply drive for me because they know that I am teaching in the fall and they wanted to thank me for all I have done this summer. It has been an interesting week needless to say. While I seem to be doing the same things day in day out, the patients are constantly at the forefront of my mind. I have gotten to know a few patients and it has been hard to see them pass, but great to see some of them go home after staying here for a while.

I have also had the opportuntity to share hospice with various friends and family members who may have not know what hospice was there for exactly. I am looking foward to the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment