Saturday, July 21, 2012

End of Session 2

This session ends tomorrow. I am sad to say but I have not enjoyed this session as much. My cabin, while not being bad, was not good. This kids were just really immature and lacked self control or much respect. They were overall fine, I just struggled to click with them. However, I truly loved a bunch of the other campers in the camp! Musical experiences were awesome, and social life was good! I am REALLY missing my girlfriend now, but she sent an awesome care package so it's ok. I am starting to get really bad mood swings, and my negativity level is rising. I keep complaining too much when Im away from campers and making things sound a lot worse than they are. I have already been here for over six weeks, and im still a month away from coming home. This session break I do not actually get a break. I was assigned to work and watch over the campers who are late departures and early arrivals. I do not think this is going to be very good for my mental health. However, next session we switch to middle schoolers!!!! So that is going to be awesome! This group is going to be SO MUCH FUN! I am really hoping that some of the kids this past session were able to grow into better people because of me,  it has just been hard to see much change. I'll be back at Stetson before I know it! So I am going to try and make the best of the time I have left here!

No comments:

Post a Comment