Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kou Week 7

Depositions. Depositions. Depositions. Can you guess what my week consisted of? Tuesday - Friday I watched 8 depositions and went through the transcripts of each one. My job was to put sticky notes on the important parts of each deposition so that the attorneys know which parts of the video to show to the jury. It was quite interesting hearing the farm workers describe their working conditions. They had to pay $3000-$4000 to come to the US. They had to pay for their own housing and food. Most of the time there was not any water available to them in the fields. It made me realize that there are farm workers working in these same conditions (or worse) and they are going unnoticed. Monday I worked on a flyer that described the rules for exemptions to the English requirement of the naturalization test.

No comments:

Post a Comment