Thursday, July 19, 2012

Julie- Week 2


I took all the surveys I collected from the previous week and entered them into survey monkey. Then I had a conference call with Beth Davalos. It was a strategic planning meeting that had many other people on the call like Monica Knight, Mrs. Davalos's boss. They talked about the funds and how to best spend the money to help the families in transition. Mrs. Davalos mentioned my project and what I was currently working on. She had me speak about what my thoughts were on the data I already collected. Beth Davalos will then be taking the data I collect and present it. She is very involved in the community and plans on getting the word out there in as many ways as possible. She already has written an article in the paper, been on 60 minutes twice, been on a panel, and attends numerous meetings. Mrs. Davalos plans on continuing to present the data in these ways. She even has one 60 minute session left to record. This information is extremely important to them to help others see the gaps in the services families in transition provides so they know where the money needs to be spent.

I then analyzed all the surveys (elementary, middle, high school, and parents). I forwarded the information to Beth Davalos so she could present it as I was going out of town (SLI). Otherwise, she wanted me to present the data or at least attend the meetings.

Also, I went to Deland's High School graduation where several of the students I mentor graduated. I was so proud of them and it was very nice to watch them celebrate with their families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment