Thursday, July 19, 2012

Julie- Week 1

 I started going to some of the elementary schools in Seminole County to survey students in the Families in Transition program. I visited the Families in Transition office for the first time, which is located at a middle school. I talked with Beth Davalos as far as which schools I was supposed to go to and received the list of students to pull out of class. I went to Lake Orienta, Spring Lake, and then Pine Hill and interviewed about 100 students. I kept going back to the office to print more surveys as the ipad didn't work at the schools, so I couldn't get onto survey monkey. I went to Casselberry Elementary School too, but they didn't want me to pull out the students as it was the last week of school. Also, Beth Davalos gave me a backpack filled with silly bands, color pencils, and lollipops to hand out to the students after completing the survey. The students love that and all left with smiles on their faces. Beth Davalos wanted me to go to the middle and high schools too, but I couldn't due to final exams. I therefore, made phone calls to collect more surveys for the middle, high school students and parents. It was a challenge to get ahold of people though so I only collected about 6 surveys this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment