Thursday, July 19, 2012

Julie- Week 4


Dr. Schorr (who is overseeing my SOS project with FIT) was finally back from his trip so I updated him with everything I had done. Beth Davalos updated him as well and he seemed very impressed as Mrs. Davalos was happy. I then set up a time to talk with Dr. Schorr on the phone about my next steps. He wanted me to continue making phone calls to collect as many surveys as possible and then attend a meeting with him and Mrs. Davalos to discuss future projects.  I wasn't able to attend the meeting with them, but Dr. Schorr gave me a report. They wanted me to collect 11 more high school surveys and 7 more middle school surveys based on how many they already had in proportion to the other survey groups (elementary and parents). That way Dr. Schorr would have a good number to analyze for a final data report. So I started making more phone calls to collect more middle and high school surveys. I made hundreds of phone calls to finally collect 11 more middle school surveys and 7 more middle school surveys. I emailed Dr. Schorr and Mrs. Davalos throughout this time, giving them updates and asking them questions. I especially emailed Mrs. Davalos often with personal questions from some of the parents I spoke about the program and their needs.

Also, I spent a day with a girl I mentor and we had a great time catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment