Thursday, July 19, 2012

Julie- Week 5


I finally finished collecting all of the surveys my bosses hoped for. It was definitely a challenge, but I did it! So many phone numbers are disconnected, temporarily out of service, or the wrong number (hotels, other companies, or people). If I got to the next level, no one answered the phone, it went straight to voicemail, or they don't accept calls from blocked numbers (I used my personal phone). If someone answered the phone, they wouldn't let me speak to their child, they would hang up, or they were not with their child at the moment (child wasn't home or the parent was at work) so they would tell me to call back at another time. I rarely got through to speak to the child. It was a long process. Other issues were they were too busy to answer a few questions or they only spoke Spanish. After I finished all the phone calls, I updated the excel sheet with all my notes as far as who I reached, whether the number worked and the new or different numbers (some parents gave me their high school student's cell number). I then emailed Dr. Schorr and Mrs. Davalos.

Also, I went to a baby shower for one of the girls I mentor. It was a wonderful time to spend with her and her loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment