Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Lauren - Week 3

Week 3 was filled with a bit more paperwork, and a lot more baking. I have become somewhat of a cookie monster in the kitchen, and patients, nurses, and CNA's have taken notice of the kitchen mischief. In the last week we have had a few new volunteers join the forces and even though I have only been here for a few weeks they are having me do some training of the new volunteers.

My boss Debra has made it incredibly easy to always have fun and have something to keep busy with. At times in between shifts in the kitchen she will quiz me and help me get ready for my subject area test, and I will quiz her on the same questions to see if she knows any of them!

Overall I am having very positive interactions with the various people around the care center, but as it is with any other area you are bound to find that one person that you might not always see eye to eye with. This is something I am working to learn how to work through because as you might agree it can be difficult to maintain a positive attitude when you can't get along with someone.

I am so grateful for my experiences so far and can't wait to see where the next few weeks take me. Something that I learned this week was that regardless of where a patient is with the amount of time they have left they are still people, and still deserve the common courtesy of politeness, and gratitude for everything that they have done in their lives and all they have achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment