Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 7 of SOS

Hey all, I hope you had an amazing summer and fun SOS :) I really enjoyed mine. During the last week, I wrote and translated bunch of reports and other paper work at SOS Children's Villages.We only had a few more outside activities; so mainly office work and last minute bonding time. They were very pleased with my work and I really hope to help them out next summer. At Education USA, I still help conversation classes, and special classes for the CCC club (these are the high school kids who are trained for US college program). I only had a chance to have a few classes with them, but these few classes were lots of fun; the kids are really smart and enjoy learning. One day i showed them AlGore's fim on climate change and it was quite great the way we discussed it - they were all very interested in this subject. We also visited some websites (ecological footprint) and talked about some env. issues and individual responsibility. Not sure if I mentioned this, but I also prepared a presentation on Studying in the US, and the students really liked it; one of them is coming to Florida. :) I really do hope to come back and volunteer with these two orgs; these is a very special type of relationship we have developed during the past 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment