Friday, August 23, 2013

S.o.S 7

This summer of service has been very enjoyable, I have learned a lot about a field I had zero experience in and met a ton of great people. The main organization I paired with was the East Volusia Mosquito Control, while there I was exposed to intergraded pest management and its relationship to public health. I participated in a wide variety of projects working within various functions of the department. My main role I took ownership over was a landing rate route in which I conducted adult surveillance and interacted with the public. I also worked on projects that related to catch basin treatment, helicopter marsh surveillance and monitoring of the department’s chickens for mosquito born diseases. Some things I learned this summer include time management, team work skills, and being able to quickly adopt , all these skills will help me get the most out of my senior year with Bonner.

No comments:

Post a Comment