Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Personal Reflection

My time at the Border Collie Rescue has given me experiences that I would need for the future. This summer of service opportunity gave me the chance to learn how to be independent and responsible.

My supervisors trained me to take care of the rescue and actually left me in charge while they had to other responsibilities elsewhere. To my surprise it became my job to train the high schoolers who came to earn their volunteer hours.

This experience also gave me the chance to get to know my supervisors and hang out with them during the summer. Besides working with dogs, Ej and Lisa, made my days at the rescue. They gave me so many opportunities to prove myself to be an effective volunteer and I’m thankful for that. They trust me more with projects and work around the house and call me when they need help. It makes me feel very good to be depended upon.     

No comments:

Post a Comment