Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Project Reflection

Organizing the rescue has been one of my goals and I can proudly say that it has been accomplished. We finally cleaned out the side room and have turned that into an alternative entrance for the rescue and an office. My supervisors live there and wanted to make the place feel more like a home and with the office the foot traffic would stay and stop there.

We are also in the process of installing a computer to keep all of the records. Thankfully one of the other volunteers is very tech savy and wanted to input the dog’s data of not only this year but past years since we found some old records.

My organization has also moved towards the lone cabin on the property which is filled to the brim with stuff. Thankfully, I had Audri and Logan to help me get the mess organized. Thanks guys! After a few days of constant rummaging, screaming in panic when a roach popped it’s head out of the box I was caring, and heaving heavy junk around I managed to make the room breathable and not something straight out of hoarders.

I found some cool stuff that my supervisors let me keep and also some stuff we could donate to other non-profit organizations. For the rest of the stuff I really want to do a yard sale and give needed profits for the rescue.

I’ve never planned to do this, but my supervisor had enough trust in me to look after the volunteers that came in during the summer and train them. They were great and actually hard working, which was appreciated since  a lot of the work would have taken days to finish by myself.

I even got to take a few of them out to the agility field to run their own dogs. It was loads of fun!

I’m also very satisfied with my progress with Kurt. He is an amazing dog, but secretly I would like to see him with a family since to me he is more of a cuddly family dog. Oh, well. He is so good that sometimes I don’t even need a leash with him. We just play ball and he knows to always bring it back to me.

Nanda, Rachael and I even took him to the beach to see how he would react and also to relax ourselves. Let's just say that Kurt is now a water dog. If I didn’t have a leash on him he would have swam out to sea.

This summer has been very productive and amazing. I can honestly say that this has been one of the best summers I’ve had besides that one time I went to Disney.

That’s all for now! Stay tune. Same Bat Channel. Same Bat Time!  

batman gif photo: Batman and Robin Dance batmanandrobindancin.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment