Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week 1


I wasn’t sure what to expect going into this trip. I have been hearing about Bulembu, Swaziland for a while and now I finally get to go. I am looking forward to getting to work with the children and help them in any way that I can. Whether that is with school, being someone for them to talk to, or even someone for them to play with, I will be there for them. I am also looking forward to getting to work in the primary school in Bulembu. I’m hoping to learn about their school system and how they work with the children in an educational setting. These children have all gone through so many hard things in their lives and are different than many of the children that I have worked with in the past. I’m hoping to learn how to help them and teach them in school and be able to give them one on one time to help them with whatever they are struggling with. This experience will teach me so much about teaching and everything that I learn from the children, teachers, and other staff I can take back with me to help my future students in The United States. What I learn here are things that I would not be able to learn in a classroom back home.  I am so excited for this experience and I can’t wait for it to begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment