Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 7 - Julie Martin

My last week serving in the community was with Young Life as I followed up with everyone who had gone to Windy Gap Summer Camp. I created strong relationships between the girls especially during this time. All of the other female Young Life leaders could not make it to these gatherings times for the rest of the summer due to the distance from where they lived. It was great contact work for me to stay in these girls lives. It is shocking to see how quick these girls close back up. That is why it is so important to regularly stay in contact with them. We would meet on a regular basis for the rest of the summer and just hang out. We would talk, play games, and enjoy each others company. I also gave several of them rides. Sometimes I even had dinner with them. Being a Young Life leader really makes my feel special. I get to stay connected with today's youth. I know how much the people in my life who made a difference mean to me and knowing that I can be that person to someone else is empowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment