Thursday, September 1, 2011

End of Volleyball Season

Around the second week of August, my 9-11 year old girls volleyball season came to end. I must say it was a bittersweet ending. While I genuinely enjoyed my time with the girls, since my summer was coming to an end, my patience was at an all-time low. I was very impressed though with how much the girls bonded with each other after finally coming together and working as a team. We ending up finishing the season with a winning record! We actually finished the our last 3 games on the last day by winning them all :) Words cannot explain how excited I was for them. It warmed my heart seeing the joy on their faces- it was as if they had just conquered the world. When I was saying my last words to the girls and their family's, I almost cried- I did not realize the bonds that I had built with them all. By far, coaching my volleyball girls was the MOST rewarding experience this summer, hands down. To this day, I see the girls and their families around Publix and it always puts a smile on my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment