Thursday, September 1, 2011

Week 7 - Jennifer L.

I've decided to leave the reserve early. My seven weeks are up but I was still planning on doing service there even after my hours were up for Bonner. The owner of the reserve came up to me and told me that she heard what was going on. Luckily, she has cameras all over the reserve. She told me that she has seen and has proof how hard I work and that she knows everyone else is lying. She apologized for their behavior and told me that she likes me and wants me at the reserve. She told me that I am welcome back any time I want and not to let anyone scare me away. That made me feel a lot better. I am sad to leave the animals. I've really grown to love them. The owner let me take pictures and say my goodbyes. I would like to work there again but I feel very unwelcome from everyone else there. I really want to come back in the winter when I don't have to work in the heat. I also want to see the wolves beautiful full winter coats. Overall this was a wonderful experience. I got to work with animals that most people have to stay fifteen feet away from at a zoo and I learned so many interesting facts about the animals. I really enjoyed my summer of service.


No comments:

Post a Comment