Thursday, September 1, 2011

Week 6 - Jennifer L.

This week was the worst week possible. Somehow the other volunteers found out that I was getting paid to work their and they made life hell for me. Even though they know it's not the reserve that's paying me, they still resent the fact that I'm making money off of working there. They didn't take the fact that I gave up a summer job to do service for them and help with all the hard work that they have to do with such a short staff. The temporary volunteers lied to the senior volunteers and told them that I wasn't working and pulling my weight. They've liked me this entire time and they know how hard I work, and now all of the sudden, I don't do anything. In most cases, I work twice as many hours as any other volunteer there. I was approached by two of the senior volunteers and told what was being said. I started crying really hard because I work so hard and for everyone to say that I wasn't doing anything was just so hurtful. I know who a few of the people that were lying about me were, and they don't know that I know yet. They're acting really fake and pretending everything is fine. I cried the whole day and then had to help give a tour. I just wanted to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment