Thursday, September 1, 2011

And then there was one....

The Thursday of volleyball camp was my last day working with Catherine. While she was an employee of the DeLand YMCA, she worked specifically within the sports department so we were together all summer. From working on projects, to running youth sports camps, to lifeguarding at the pool, we did it all; so naturally I was sad when she left. I still had 2 weeks left in my internship, so I was definitely lonely having to do everything by myself. What made things worse was that my boss was actually on vacation her first week gone so I literally had to do EVERYTHING by myself. It was quite lonely and at times frustrating. I never thought I would have formed such a tight bond with someone this summer. Catherine went on to play volleyball at Southeastern University in Lakeland, Fl. We still talk weekly and I plan to come watch her game when she plays Stetson this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment