Thursday, September 1, 2011

Volleyball Camp Recap

So I got a little (more like a lot) behind on my blog. But I still remember volleyball camp to every detail. When I posted last time, we only had 3 children signed up for camp on the DeLand end. Luckily, by the time Catherine & I came back Monday morning, we ended up having 28 kids signed up. Total, between Deltona and DeLand, we had 51 boys and girls participating in volleyball camp. I worked long days, 8am-6pm and sometimes later if we had volleyball league that night. However, I must say it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I worked with different ages kids every day, but for me to have the opportunity to teach them one of my passions just melted my heart. Seeing them enjoy the sport as much as I do, put a smile on my face every day. I must say that when this week of camp ended, I missed it. I missed the counselors that I got to work with from Deltona as well as the relationships that I had built with all the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment