Friday, July 16, 2010

Weeks 5 & 6 SOS

Hi everyone!

So for weeks 5 & 6 of my summer of service I was working in the Human Resources Department of City Hall. My big task for the week (and i'm still working on it) is to write the Rules and Regulations document for the City. When my boss for the week, Mark Hayword, told me this I was thinking, "Oh, ok I am going to be proof reading...this should be fun" but it turns out that he gave me a copy of Lake Mary's Rules and Reg. and a file folder full of emails, comments, ect. and said, "have fun and get started". He really ment that I was writing the Rules and Regs. It took me to whole two weeks of non-stop work and I am still not done, but on my last day in his department he called me into his office and told me that when I get the project done he is going to let me present it to the City Commission and when it is adopted it will have my name on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment