Sunday, July 11, 2010

SoS Blog 3

So into week three I never realized how hard it would be to put structure to an organization. I’m sure initially it’s probably more of a trial and error approach, but I really was hoping to alleviate as much possible chances of failure as possible! Unfortunately there isn’t really much you can do when you get to a certain point in the planning.

I can establish offices and their roles. I can suggest plans for finances, and suggest a suitable election process. I can develop a system for handling business and events, but in the end of the day it’s only a rough plan with many loop holes for students to fill in. For the most part that’s actually the easy part to digest.
Now what if there isn’t support for the group? Yes a group like this is necessary. Yes it can offer a good deal to the student body and community. However, was it requested by the student body or the community?…. Not really. Which fuels the scary question, will the organization even take off? I guess that’s something we’ll just have to test out.

The New Music Machine was very successful in many regards last year, but they never really had as much structure to their organization or any really need to hold meetings aside from office meetings. Will this GLBT music organization arrive at promising conclusions as well under the same format? Would I be diminishing multiple benefits that attach themselves to organizations by limiting the interactivity?
I can’t really say just yet. I do have my predictions though. I suppose all I can do is prepare for the worse, and try to get as many people involved as possible when the time comes

No comments:

Post a Comment