Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Heavy Lifting

I have to say this week was perhaps the hardest week yet of my SoS but also the most enjoyable. Instead of spending time in the office filing or making copies, I worked with a two other ladies (one who works in the office and a teacher) to organize and move textbooks. I know it sounds simple right? Well, it sounds simple but in reality sorting over 280 boxes of textbooks and then hauling them all over campus to their correct classrooms can get really tiring. By Wednesday morning, we were definitely ready for a break. Although it was hard work, we really enjoyed ourselves. We laughed when the carts of books went flying down ramps and when we thought we lost the only master key to all of the teachers closets! I also enjoyed taking a walk down memory lane with my fourth grade teacher, who was one of the volunteers. Thursday we completed this huge task and started on another one. Friday morning we started boxing up books from the school's library in preparation for the move to a different (and bigger) location!

After a very tiring week, I was so glad to be able to have the weekend to relax. This upcoming week will be my last at Meadowbrook so I'm hoping to get as much done as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment