Friday, July 30, 2010

Sharptop Cove, Week 3

So, it is now half-way through the session and everyone is really getting to know each other well. I'm having a great time with everyone and we are starting to know each other on a deeper level, not just things like, where are you from, whats your major, etc. I knew I would become close with people, but I didn't realize how close. In the third week I started to learn where people want to go in life and talked to them about what I want to accomplish. Everyone was saying that week three would be the hard week, but it wasn't for me. I think it was because week two was so tough and week three the camp was not too full, so we only had two morning rides scheduled. This gave me more time really think about why I was at camp and why I was serving.

This week was fun, especially because we had gotten good at our jobs and found that we had little more free time. Also, since we were used to the early morning schedule I decided to get up for and early morning mountain bike ride on Sunday, which is usually our sleep-in day. It was awesome. I had never been mountain biking and we decided to go on the hard trail. Going up was tough, but coming down was such a rush. You get to the point where you almost lose control as you come down the mountain. I also had a chance to go on the high ropes course. That was also a thrill, because you are about 5oft up in the air suspended on thin wires and walking across different obstacles. By the end of this week everyone was realizing that we were going to be there only one more week so we were all trying to cram in things we hadn't had a chance to do yet.
I'll leave you with some pictures of me at my job and the view from the tower:

This is my view of the camp from the top of the tower:
This is what it looks like when you are sitting on top looking down:
Here is me getting ready to come down after a long day:

Here is my tower team from left to right, Harris, Me, Mallory, and Blake:

No comments:

Post a Comment