Thursday, July 7, 2011

Coalition Meeting

Last week I played a little bit of catching up because the other intern, Diane, has been working here all summer. Last week we worked on putting together a coalition meeting with some leaders in the community that will be working on ways to bring more unity among the DeLand community. Diane and I will be putting everything together for the committee meeting and then running the meeting. Commissioner Vonzelle Johnson was supposed to be there and he will answer any questions that we can. And he kind of keeps the group under control, as well. It was my first Coalition Meeting and I was a little nervous. I get a text from Diane saying Vonzelle is not coming anymore. But we sure did try our best and I think we did a pretty good job. Besides the fact that we came up with a few Mission Statements for them to choose from and they hated every single one. Tough work, working with the Community!
But the good news is that I have NOT been sleeing in that god forsaken house! My friends have been nice enough to let me hang with them until I can find another place to stay. Very sweet :) I am pretty sure there are rats or something in the ceiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment