Saturday, July 23, 2011

A child's smile can light up the room.

This week I had the most rewarding experience of my summer thus far. My 9-11 year old girls volleyball team won their first game and I have never seen these girls this excited before. We have had 2 weeks of games now and finally my girls came together as a team to pull it out. Its not about the winning-losing ratio, but instead its about the happiness and sense of accomplishment that those girls felt after that first win. Not only did they feel a sense of accomplishment by achieving their goal, but I felt a sense of accomplishment by giving them the skills and confidence to do so. The moment the game was over and I told them all that they had won, I felt like the room had stopped moving and their smiles were lighting it up. No one else in the room existed except there 8 girls who could not stop yelling and hugging each other! It was definitely a perfect ending to a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment