Friday, February 5, 2010

Valuable Lessons

Throughout my time in the Bonner Program, I have learned many lessons and skills. The one that continues to come up is the importance of patience. Currently, I am volunteering at Woodward Elementary and Journey's End. Although these two places are quite different from each other, patience is a must for making a true difference. At Woodward, for example, the ability to properly help the students reach their full potential only comes with a patient attitude. The same is true at Journey's End. When working with the animals, it is important to be sensitive to the fact the many of the animals have been abused or have some sort of illness. Therefore, it is necessary to be patient with the animals in order to give them the proper attention that they deserve. Patience is something that is important for many areas of life, but through my service with my community partners, I have learned that patience is very important for making a true difference in the life of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment