Monday, February 8, 2010

Noel's Thoughts on "Hearts For Haiti"

I attended "Hearts for Haiti" to table with my sorority. We were doing "Pie a Pi Phi" and I was, unfortunately, the only one willing to get pied. I ended up spending the majority of the time either cleaning whipped cream off of my face (and out of my hair) or sitting and watching the people walking around. I feel like there could have been a much better showing of people than there were, but overall it was a good experience. It just goes to show that people do enjoy helping. At the same time, though, we are sending hundreds of thousands of dollars to Haiti when we could be using it on important issues here. I am all for helping other, please don't get me wrong, but I feel like groups tabling AND setting up booths at Hearts for Haiti is a bit excessive. Overall, a very fun and enjoyable experience! It's good to see everyone coming together like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment