Friday, February 5, 2010

Lessons Learned

I am lucky to be able to work with more than one community angency in DeLand. I work with three instead. I have seen a lot in my short time there though. I never worked at such places before and it is touching to become close with the people running the angency and those getting help from the angency. I know that the one's getting help are animals but you can learn from them too. I have learned that the smallest gestures can make all the difference. For me, I work with animals who are sick, lonely, abandoned, and some that are potential guide dogs ready to help someone in need. I do the small things such as bathe and love on an animal. I remember one time when I went to Journeys End and I found that the most stubborn horse trusted me so much that it was unbelievable to everyone there. I was walking one horse to his stable so that we could start brushing them down and Raffy, the leader of the pack, just followed us all the way to the stables. By the time I had the horse I was leading in his stall, Raffy was by his own stall. All I had to do was point to the stall and he walked in. I never thought that this horse would trust me as much as he did right then. It goes to show you that animals can be polite and loyal as long as you take the time to show them you care and that you do not want to hurt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment