Monday, February 8, 2010

Thoughts About This Haiti Situation

I feel like I should talk about Haiti. No, I didn't get to go to Hearts For Haiti but I'm sure it was great. I've been working on a separate Haiti benefit thing with the great Heather Grove and Colleen Mulholland and not that I missed HTH in contempt or anything, I just wasn't able to make it. But this leads me to a problem. It seems like there's 23678021857 different people trying to organize some kind of thing for Haiti, which rocks, but it just seems clunky. Some people seem to be doing it just for the 'oh he's a good guy' kind of thing, and some people seem to be doing it for the right reason. But shouldn't we all be working together? I'm glad to say that now the event the three of us are working on is going to be a collaboration, and I know there was a Haiti planning meeting thing, that had dismal turnout, but really it seems like there should be some rally point on things like this. Maybe I'm wrong, but power in numbers holds true now and then...especially when asking for money and such. I know you're thinking "well then Jack, why don't you go out there and bring everyone together for a big hug?", and you may not have been thinking that at all, but I'm assuming you are. And truthfully, I don't even know how many people/who are doing what. Anyway, that's my little thought for the week. In synopsis: work together! It get's things done. Also, come checkout the event we're working on. It's going to happen on February 20th at daVinci at 9pm. My band (Of Land And Sea) along with Amelia Sage, Dish, and South Paw Jr. will be playing. I think there's going to be even more excitement to the night, but I'll find out once the Haiti groups collaborate! Oh yeah, haha Noel got pied.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jack!
    I completely understand how you feel. Still, at least people are doing something instead of nothing, though it is disjointed. There definitely is strength (and efficiency) in numbers though. I wasn’t able to go to the Hearts for Haiti event because I was sick, but I’m sure it was great. Good luck with your event and keep us all updated. =)

    ReplyDelete