Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valuable Lessons

I'm not 100% sure I can expand upon this, but if I've learned one huge thing from my CLAs it's actually two things. Firstly, everyone can do great things. Everyone is capable of finishing tasks, doing great work, and impressing others. Everyone is valuable. I've often met people within my work that have annoyed me to no end, but coming to the realization that they are simply doing what they need to get by can help you give them the leeway to be civil and maybe even friendly with that person. Not really sure if that makes sense, but I guess the bottom line is that you should always be open to working with others even if you don't mesh well with them. This leads me to the second thing I've learned. Though it sounds broad, I've learned you need to respect everything. Sure that sounds all hippyish and even kind of dumb but what has that person you don't mesh with done to aggravate you, really? What has the dog locked in a cage done to you? Probably nothing. Show everything some respect and try to put yourselves in their places. We're all so lucky to be where we are and should hope that others could have the opportunities that we do. I don't know where I'm going with this. Have a good week!
(upon reflecting on this I sound like a kindergarten teacher but whatever, you win some you lose some.)
(p.s. Why is it kindergarten not kindergarden? It really basically is a garden of babies just waiting to be grown up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment