Monday, February 15, 2010

Reflections on the Life of a Senior

As the end of the semester and yes, my undergraduate experience, come to an end, I would like to use the Bonner Blog as a way of sharing some of my thoughts and wisdom (yes, you gain a little wisdom after four years!) with you.

I am looking forward to heading back to Iowa over spring break. It will be nice to get out of this horrible Florida weather and get back to real cold and snow. And it will be nice to formally hit the campaign trail. I plan on meeting with many individuals and groups and spending a day in Des Moines to file my paperwork and meeting with party and legislative leaders.

I am happy and pleased with my Stetson experience. It has afforded me so many wonderful opportunities. But I am not and will not be sad when I walk across the stage, receive my diploma, pack up the car, and head home. And I would encourage each of you to do the same. Don't be sad. There is no reason to be sad. Don't be sad if you're graduating and moving on to the next stage in life. And don't be sad if you're an underclassman who feels like you're losing 'all of your friends.' Use this as an opportunity to reflect: look back at the ups and downs, the good times and the bad, the triumphs and failures. Don't be an idiot. Don't get caught in bad habits. In the words of the great philosophers in Wedding Crashers; "No excuses; play like a champ." Take lessons from these experiences and use them to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment