Friday, June 25, 2010

A week of Justin Beiber overload...

So I just finished my first week of summer of service at Girls Inc. The theme this summer is Girls Inc goes green. We are going to be doing recycling projects, gardening, and teaching the girls to cook with locally grown foods.
We actually did some really cool things this week. I helped the girls make bracelets out of ribbon and soda can tops, which actually proved to be more difficult than the instructions made it sound. We also painted and decorated old t-shirts using a cut up potato instead of the normal sponge. I know it sounds strange but we just cut a potato into slices and then make the slices into hearts, stars, and flowers, dipped them into the paint, and then pressed them on the shirts. They actually turned out really cute.
Today we had Funky Friday and so we made tye die shirts and took the girls skating. It was alot of fun. Some of the shirts didn't turn out too good because the girls didn't put the rubber bands on tight enough. The older girls had some really cool patterns though. We had a ton of fun but now I am exhausted. At the beginning and end of every day we have a little 45min dance party in the gym and all the only thing these girls want to listen to is Justin Beiber. They sing it when they walk down the halls, they sing it when they paint, I cannot seem to escape Justin Beiber. This is going to be a long summer if they keep this up lol. I think I might make them a new cd and hide that Justin cd so I don't go crazy. We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment