Saturday, June 26, 2010

City Hall Week 4: IT

Hello! (This blog is actually on time this week!!!)
I spent last week working in IT, and out of all of the departments I have been too IT was the department that needed the most help. At city hall there are only 4 full-time employees doing a job that they need 10 people to do. So needless to say they had plently to keep me busy. My main task for the week was inventroy. Its one of those things that is important...and has to get done...but other, more important things get in the way of someone sitting down and doing it. So I got to. It was cool to see how IT controls, monutors, and maintains all of the computers and software the city has :)

On another note,
I am also working at the CSL this summer and have embarked on a new project: Stetson Beauty and a Movie.
As some of you know, Maria, Tycee and Mary have worked really hard this summer to re-organize all of our community partners. In there effort it has become appartent that a lot of the partners want a group of Stetson Students (mostly girls) to come in and show a movie and have a fun night of hair, nails and makeup...so I am working on a program that will be in place year round and hit one community partner a month! So if anyone is intested in getting involoved please let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment