Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Last Day

Yesterday was the last day of school. It was such a bittersweet day. We watched movies, signed yearbooks and shirts and enjoyed each other's company. During the last hour of the day, we packed up the desks into a corner, swept the floor and sat around in a circle. The teacher went around and said one thing about each student in reflection of the year. Needless to say there were tears! One student could not stop them! Poor kid. As each of them walked out the door, I hugged them...some came back for another, and another, and another. I didn't mind at all :)
I am really going to miss my students. They were the first class I worked with since Woodward has been my CLA site. I have learned so much from the them and my experiences. Many of them gave me a sweet sweet note or card thanking me for the year. One student gave me a picture. These small gestures mean the world to me. Even though they may not realize it, I feel a sense of accomplishment because I made some sort of impact on these kids. I gave them my email which I hope they will utilize to keep in touch with me for years to come.
Currently, I am home in PG for a week enjoying days with my family. I head back to DeLand on Wednesday and begin the rest of my SoS at the CSL.

No comments:

Post a Comment