Sunday, June 13, 2010

CSL - Week 5

Short week. I should really combine weeks 5 and 6, but week 6 has so much to discuss that I feel obligated to separate them.

So.... week 5!

I worked on a bulletin board for SLI, which afforded me the opportunity to learn about the issue-based meetings. I am so excited to participate in those in the upcoming semester! The other two days were spent going to meetings with community partners, brainstorming ways to improve the freshmen Bonner's experience, and developing a form for students interested in community service to fill out in order to assist them in finding their best site.

I'm really excited for the way the CSL is going to work next semester. I think it's going to be so much more efficient and effective. The relationships we're building, the database we're compiling, the systems we're developing ... it's going to make such a difference in helping students find their niche.

The staff next semester is going to be fantastic too. There are so many people who are passionate about their issue areas, who will be well-versed in opportunities, who are helpful and kind... Here's a shout-out to you all: YOU'RE THE BEST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment