Thursday, June 24, 2010

Filing and Friendships

Instead of spending my time in a closet organizing boxes, I spent my days this week helping out in the office. Although I love to organize and clean I was glad to have a change of scenery for awhile. The campus is desserted everywhere except the main office, so it was nice to spend time with other people.

My biggest task this week was to help with annual summer mailout. This mailout is basically a packet that gets sent to the families of every student. Inside the packet is each student's final grades, Stanford Test Scores (like the FCAT but for private schools), summer reading lists and a bunch of other information for the upcoming school year. The school is tiny (only about 250 kids), but coping, sorting and stuffing took us a really long time. On top of this, I had to file a copy of the final report cards and test scores for each student into the school's records.

Since stapling hundreds of papers and flipping through files isn't the most exciting way to spend an afternoon, I was very thankful for the fun conversations I had with the ladies who work in the office. It was so great to reconnect with them as we discussed Monday night's episode of The Bachelorette while eating M&Ms and popcorn! I am so grateful to have such great people to work with. It makes typical, mundane work fun and at the same time lasting relationships are being formed. This week proved to me that paperwork can be fun and meaningful when you are surrounded by great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment