Monday, June 21, 2010

SoS Week 2

I started off my second week of SoS cleaning and organizing a some of Meadowbrook's storage areas. Currently, the school is going through some major changes which include hiring new staff members and expanding some of their buildings. The principal is very excited about these new changes and informed me that we would be working very hard to get most of them completed by the end of the summer.
My first task of the week was to reorganize one of the storage closets that holds most of the costumes and props for the school's many plays and productions. When I first unlocked the door, there was hardly enough room to walk, but after a day of shuffling boxes and hanging up costumes, the closet was cleaned and there was plenty standing room! (I took before and after pics on my phone, but I can't figure out how to get them off of the phone and onto my computer) I spent the rest of the week working in the office filing and moving boxes from room to room. Although these seem like small tasks, the members of the staff never have time to get to them. Most of the stuff I was doing had been piled up all year! The office is pretty busy during the summer so it seems like any help is a big help!

No comments:

Post a Comment