Thursday, August 16, 2012

Weaving


Sometimes it's hard to come up with activities for the kids because not a lot of them like to participate despite hours of planing. However, one of the projects that we worked on this summer was a weaving frame. I got the idea from CityArts-in the cafeteria they have a similar sized framed from weavings kids have done and it looks like cool. For Wanskuck we decided to do a similar frame since we have kids dropping by for 3 hours straight so it's an ongoing thing. From the picture above you can see the different patterns and prints we got. We realized that this activity calms the kids down, which is great since they can get really hyper and rowdy 



Amanda, (girl above) is one of the sweetest girls from Wanskuck. One day, she took me to a corner and pulled out a little stuffed kitty (photo above) from her backpack and gave it to me. I asked her why me out of all the other teachers, and she raised her shoulders and said "because." It was really sweet of her and I kept it.


That same week, I visited RISD for an info sesh since I want to go there after Stetson. The photo above is a shot of their librabry, which used to be a bank. Just another reason why I'm dying to go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment