Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Courtney- Week 7

So much going on. I have a bunch of pots in a bunch of different fires. All's quiet on the summer camp front, orientation is quickly coming together, and I have two amazing mentees. 

Orientation:
Welcome and info emails have gone out to our 25 incoming Bonners! Welcome bags are assembled, the booklet is slowly (and I mean very slowly) coming together, and most of the guest speakers have been booked! We are eagerly awaiting their arrival come August 15th!

Mentor:
First mentee- We went downtown to the new frozen yogurt place. It was fantastic. I am no stranger to the self-serve fro yo joints but this one is a bit expensive at .46 cents an ounce. My sweet mentee wanted to try ALL THE FLAVORS and suddenly her cup was filled with fro yo and toppings... it all totaled out to about $9 just for her snack. Awesome time though and she really enjoyed it so that's all that matters. I set us up an appointment to go horse back riding on the 11th before school starts up and we're going to see The Dark Knight Rises on Friday.  I am going to have to take some special classes to learn how to work with her but I know how much she loves having a mentor so I'm willing to do it. Also, the home says that she asks about me everyday and talks about her "best friend Courtney".

Second mentee- I picked her up and we went school shopping one day. As she's getting in the car, she told me that her cousin was really jealous that I was picking her up. We decided to do our school shopping, go home and pack up her goodies then get her cousin and go to the baseball game. We spent a lot of money school shopping... but she has everything she needs and a brand new backpack! I have never seen a child so excited over a backpack. Her cousin was very quiet, but he was really happy to be included and going to a game. The Suns lost :( but we had an awesome time!

That's about it here. I'm done with my hours! I will update about the end to this week on Friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment