Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lauren - Week 1

Hey everyone!

This summer has been a whirlwind trying to find a service site, as unimaginable as that may be. I thought I was going to be working at a reading camp, which fell through then I went through 2 other sites trying to get things set up, but finally I found Hlifax Hospice.

Monday June 11th I started for the first time at Halifax Hospice working in the kitchen preparing meals for the patients. I have gotten to meet countless amounts of other volunteers, and have also started working to help make the volunteer department more electronically friendly.

Alot of what I have been doing has included cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner for patients and then cleaning up the dishes and the kitchen. It is heartbreaking to see some of the patients when I am delivering their meals, however I know that by doing the little things and making their meals look presentable and beautiful it makes their days just a little bit brighter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment