Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jarian Week-5

This week I was still spending most of my time thinning out the patient charts in the file room so that there was more room in there to file away charts. I also spent a lot of time on the phone calling patients who have not come to the cancer center in a while to see if they were still around (as in not dead). It may seem like a very depressing job, and to some extent it really was. But the cancer data center needs that information to determine if people need other kinds of care, or if they need their patient charts anymore. The hardest part is having to hear from the spouse or daughter that the patient has passed away. Its a hard job, and something I didn't want to do, but, understanding that it was something that was necessary for the data center, I did what I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment