Monday, June 25, 2012

Jarian- Week 4

This week I have been given the task of thining out the remaining charts in the filing room. This was no easy task. I had to take each chart, look through them and take out what was old and not needed in the chart anymore. This was a very tedious job, and it kept me busy for the entire week. I am still not done with it all. But this task also had things to teach me about the Oncology/Hemotology department that I never would have learned in the Secretary's desk. I learned exactly where each item was in the chart (a tool that I will need later on in my several weeks here), I learned what labs were from which laboratory, and I learned how the Cancer Center used to run before I was there. While boring, the task was not only important for my learning, but it was important for the entire process of going paperless (which is the original intention of thinning out the charts in the first place). I am excited to see how my work progresses throughout the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment