Monday, June 25, 2012

Jarian- Week 3

It is week three and I have learned how to do most of the secretary's job (there are complicated things that I will not learn in 7 weeks), I have efficiently run blood up to the lab, I have found patient charts for the next days' office visits and chemotherapy visits, and I have found charts for the staff that need to look into something specific about the patient. But, of course, like every comfort zone, we must find ourselves out to grow. My boss just gave me a new (temporary) assignment. He determined that I was up to the challange of doing the Radiology Department's Chart Reviews. These charts were unlike the ones that I have become familiar with; however, after a few minutes of instruction and showing me where to find the topics of evaluation in the charts, I immediately set to work the Chart Reviews. They took me the entire week, but I finally finished it on Friday afternoon (missing Monday didn't help me much either). The chart reviews were interesting to me because it gave me insight not only on the things that Radiology looks at keeping track of, but it gave me a good base as to the inner workings of the Radiology Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment