For the past two weeks my main focus has been on data analysis and obtaining results. I've had the opportunity to work with a statistician and topographer (I like to call him “map guy”).
Things are coming along pretty well—I've gotten some interesting results. I was stressed when I figured out that an analysis I was planning to use would not accurately represent the overall population because of the way the survey was originally administered. Of course my first reaction was "CRAP" because I need to having this done in a couple of weeks! But that’s okay, not the end of the world. Turns out I can still do plenty of other things with the data I have and I've already gotten some significant results! :D I had to tweak my research proposal quite a bit, but it’s all good.
I learned that when it comes to research, staying organized is the only way I won't end up swimming in papers and data, it’s okay to ask for help, failure is almost expected, and being flexible is a must.