Monday, July 22, 2013

Personal Reflection week 5

Personal Reflection Overall I am very happy with how my S.O.S has played out; I have improved my time management skills by having three CLA’s and have been able to reflect on the true meaning of the S.O.S. Many of us go into an S.O.S with expectations of helping an organization that helps people, animals, or provides much needed services. Over the past couple weeks I have realized these organizations we volunteer for, help us as much as we help them. For example each of my CLA’s have taught invaluable lessons that I would have otherwise not have been exposed to. The biggest lesson I have learned is that it is all about people; you must define what the needs of the community are by going out into the community. These needs are not found in a text book or on a website; instead they are found on within community which the organization services. I have been humbled to have experienced within each of my CLA’s , a lesson I will always carry with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment