Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Seeing it all come to place!

Freshmen Orientation was a success! I felt really bad that I had to miss so much of it with RA training going on at the same time. Not only was no one mad at me, but everyone was so supportive!

It is really cool seeing plans fall into place. Everything that we have planned the last few months all in print and product. The time frames went really smoothly, there were many fun morning energizers that brought us together, and all the Bonners were alert and responsive. I keep bragging about Lead Team, but it is honestly the truth in my mind. I don't think we could have a better combination of leaders working together.

As I reflect from the past few years, I've realized that I've grown so much as a person. I came in as a freshman a timid, quiet 18 year old. I'm no longer the same person I was then. I am still shy at times, but I've definitely learn to be a little more extroverted when I need to. Meeting the incoming Bonners at dinner was a great experience because of that. I wasn't afraid to talk to them and get to know them and welcoming to the family. Everyone was so friendly and the new excitement was quite thrilling. I hope I continue to grow and pick up new skills along the way as a senior intern... especially with everyone's help! I'm counting on you all :)

Also, I must say that I think the retreat was awesome... Courtney did a great job cooking the dinner the first night. Tiffany's gift was the perfect touch to begin the weekend (thank you). I think the Bonners had a really good time getting to know each other and learning about each other. There was enough food for every which is always a good thing. (I hope we had enough since it took at least three trips to Walmart! haha). The class based activity was probably one of the most important for me. We reflected as a class on how much we have grown and matured over the years. Reminiscing from our freshman year brought up some good memories that I had to hold back so that I wouldn't start tearing up. During the final reflection before we went home, I think the most memorable part was that Taylor enjoyed the retreat. It really did mean a lot that he had a positive attitude and shared that he did have fun. Thanks, Taylor :)

This year is going to unfold many opportunities and obstacles, but I don't think anything that I can't handle, as long as I have Amanda, Alex and the Lead Team with me. And of course all the Bonners to make everything possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment