Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Acquaintances turn to new friendships

Working with Lead Team has been amazing! I really do think that we have an awesome team. Everyone works really well together and oddly enough with all our different personalities, we compliment each other. I'm really glad that I get to work with Darian, Julie, and Scarlett this year...not that I don't about Courtney or Jarian. I've worked with them before and I know how wonderful they are. If Darian wasn't on Lead Team, I don't think I would have gotten to know and be such good friends with him. The same with Julie. She's probably one of the sweetest people I know. One night after incoming Bonner Orientation, Darian, Julie and Alex wanted to visit me in Chaudoin but I was at a staff meeting so I couldn't' answer my phone. Afterwards I met them in the LBC and we just hung out in the computer lab downstairs for awhile before going back to my room and hanging out more. Even though I have only gotten to know them on a deeper level for a short amount of time, I've learned so much about each one of them. Julie and I are more alike that i thought we would be! I have no doubt that our friendship will continue to grow as the year continues. I'm truly blessed to have all this support from my peers/LT members, Amanda and my fellow senior intern.

PS... our Lead Team this year is already on the ball. As soon as we announced who were in their families, many of them contacted them and created FB groups to start planning family meetings. I keep saying this, but I have a feeling that it's going to be a great, successful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment